I recreationally ride a brakeless fixed gear bike in Los Angeles, and i recently decided to go clipless and i went with a pair of Shimano PD-A530 pedals which came with cleats.Since I am riding brakeless and fixed, my only way of stopping of course is back pedal pressure, therefore without good pedals I cannot stop.

Ive ridden up and down the hills of Griffith Park, to the observatory and back down, relying on these pedals and nothing else to stop when going down hill 30mph to the unforgiving traffic of Los Feliz Blvd. I've had this setup for about 2 months with no problems whatsoever. Today I was riding up a hill and about 5 feet from the top, i was slowly getting up there when both pedals uncliped and i fell over. I checked both pedals for debree, and both cleats for cracks or anything out of the ordinary, I found nothing.

The tension on the pedals was not to high or too low, either way that should not matter because i would have to turn my foot to unclip, and i didnt. The cleats have surface wear but nothing on the part where the pedal actualy clips in. Luckily this happened while i was going uphill and not down. My question is what would have happened if these things cliped out while going down hill or on traffic?

Yeah, I would've probably died, or gotten seriously injured.Please email me at: josee.silva110300@gmail.com letting me know what you can do about this, thank you in advanced.

This reviewer shared experience about damaged or defective and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Shimano and uploaded picture s. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Shimano.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Sport category for more informed decision or compare Shimano to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Shimano?

Comments