Review about Shimano Pd-A530 Dual Platform Bike Pedal from Los Angeles, California

I recreationally ride a brakeless fixed gear bike in Los Angeles, and i recently decided to go clipless and i went with a pair of Shimano PD-A530 pedals which came with cleats.Since I am riding brakeless and fixed, my only way of stopping of course is back pedal pressure, therefore without good pedals I cannot stop.

Ive ridden up and down the hills of Griffith Park, to the observatory and back down, relying on these pedals and nothing else to stop when going down hill 30mph to the unforgiving traffic of Los Feliz Blvd. I've had this setup for about 2 months with no problems whatsoever. Today I was riding up a hill and about 5 feet from the top, i was slowly getting up there when both pedals uncliped and i fell over. I checked both pedals for debree, and both cleats for cracks or anything out of the ordinary, I found nothing.

The tension on the pedals was not to high or too low, either way that should not matter because i would have to turn my foot to unclip, and i didnt. The cleats have surface wear but nothing on the part where the pedal actualy clips in. Luckily this happened while i was going uphill and not down. My question is what would have happened if these things cliped out while going down hill or on traffic?

Yeah, I would've probably died, or gotten seriously injured.Please email me at: letting me know what you can do about this, thank you in advanced.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Product or service
Shimano Pd-A530 Dual Platform Bike Pedal
Review category
review #773296

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Shimano? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Shimano. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Shimano.
Filing a new complaint about