Review about Shimano Pd-A530 Dual Platform Bike Pedal from Los Angeles, California
I recreationally ride a brakeless fixed gear bike in Los Angeles, and i recently decided to go clipless and i went with a pair of Shimano PD-A530 pedals which came with cleats.Since I am riding brakeless and fixed, my only way of stopping of course is back pedal pressure, therefore without good pedals I cannot stop.
Ive ridden up and down the hills of Griffith Park, to the observatory and back down, relying on these pedals and nothing else to stop when going down hill 30mph to the unforgiving traffic of Los Feliz Blvd. I've had this setup for about 2 months with no problems whatsoever. Today I was riding up a hill and about 5 feet from the top, i was slowly getting up there when both pedals uncliped and i fell over. I checked both pedals for debree, and both cleats for cracks or anything out of the ordinary, I found nothing.
The tension on the pedals was not to high or too low, either way that should not matter because i would have to turn my foot to unclip, and i didnt. The cleats have surface wear but nothing on the part where the pedal actualy clips in. Luckily this happened while i was going uphill and not down. My question is what would have happened if these things cliped out while going down hill or on traffic?
Yeah, I would've probably died, or gotten seriously injured.Please email me at: email@example.com letting me know what you can do about this, thank you in advanced.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Shimano Pd-A530 Dual Platform Bike Pedal
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I originally bought a 4L60e HD package [$1400 + $200 (tc) + $150 (fluid)]. I told them exactly what I had: lifted 4x4 Yukon with headers, intake, cam, & tune...."
- "I am so glad I read all the information you all gave me on these worthless chips. I was looking to buy one to help increase my gas mileage and..."
- "Purchased a DuraFlex Fiberglass Body Kit for 2003 Toyota Corolla on March 19, 2015. It was delivered on March 27, 2015. My initial inspection was that the box..."
- "On 01/17/15 I turned in 6 empty Mac containers in exchange for 2 products. I asked for particular colors however when I returned home I realized that the woman made..."
- "I purchased my PetPlan dog plan on June 9, 2009, pre-paid for quarterly coverage and was charged after the 24 hour hold on June 10, 2009. A few weeks later..."
- "Back around my birthday, believe it or Not which was on Saturday, February 13, 2016, I tried to send my contractor a payment via Paypal and it would Not go..."
- "Do not buy from this company. I bought items on Oct 11th for my daughters birthday and I still have not received them.I have sent numerous emails and all I..."
- "This was my first time ordering from fanatics only to learn to just buy from the actual nba store or lakers store next time. They sent me a woman's kobe..."
- "At the location I go to has at least 2 parking spots for expecting moms and "new moms". I thought this wording was too narrow because other stores such as..."