Review about Shimano Pd-A530 Dual Platform Bike Pedal from Los Angeles, California
I recreationally ride a brakeless fixed gear bike in Los Angeles, and i recently decided to go clipless and i went with a pair of Shimano PD-A530 pedals which came with cleats.Since I am riding brakeless and fixed, my only way of stopping of course is back pedal pressure, therefore without good pedals I cannot stop.
Ive ridden up and down the hills of Griffith Park, to the observatory and back down, relying on these pedals and nothing else to stop when going down hill 30mph to the unforgiving traffic of Los Feliz Blvd. I've had this setup for about 2 months with no problems whatsoever. Today I was riding up a hill and about 5 feet from the top, i was slowly getting up there when both pedals uncliped and i fell over. I checked both pedals for debree, and both cleats for cracks or anything out of the ordinary, I found nothing.
The tension on the pedals was not to high or too low, either way that should not matter because i would have to turn my foot to unclip, and i didnt. The cleats have surface wear but nothing on the part where the pedal actualy clips in. Luckily this happened while i was going uphill and not down. My question is what would have happened if these things cliped out while going down hill or on traffic?
Yeah, I would've probably died, or gotten seriously injured.Please email me at: email@example.com letting me know what you can do about this, thank you in advanced.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Shimano Pd-A530 Dual Platform Bike Pedal
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a so called Custom Bagger Kit from Bag Boyz Customs !!! I wondered why they didn't have more pics of finished products on their website, but was assured..."
- "Hercules tires were put on my motorcycle trike at 48,800. One tire wore completely bald with no tread, the other with a minor outline of a tread left. This was..."
- "I am so glad I read all the information you all gave me on these worthless chips. I was looking to buy one to help increase my gas mileage and..."
- "I'd say that 25% of the time the potential customer doesn't look at the bid, BUT when that happens you get your 2 or 3 credits refunded. Overall the leads..."
- "100% FAILED, RECALLED Matress- their brand! I have a spinal fusion and now needd 2 surgeries.... I count on my mattress to be GREAT- so they claim- Admitted faulty product!..."
- "I bought products from this company from a vendor they had in the mall. I spent $129 which was a 'great deal' but, after testing the products I thought why..."
- "I was a legitimate member of LinkedIn with a profile for several years, however, during the past year, they have Illegally, Purposely and Deliberately Blocked My Account with NO HONEST..."
- "Everything started after I decided to sell my Apple MacBook Pro (late 2013 model) to a friend. We agreed that she would pay me for my barely used one $3,000.00 Since..."
- "Had candle burning in bathroom for 2 1/2 hours - smoke alarm went off. I went into bathroom to find candle engulfed in 6 inch flames. Doused with water to..."