Marsaxlokk, Marsaxlokk
1.3

I bought a brand new Shimano Trolling rod from South Africa, a holiday which I chose to be at. When I arrived back home in Malta (EU) I started to use it and last week, when I was trolling with my boat using the Shimano Rod together with a Shimano Reel, the rod broke from the handle!!! I couldn't even believe it! Lucky enough the rod was roped with the boat from the reel and (at least) I managed to get the $174.00 reel and the rest of my trolling rod!

What I am frustrated mostly are two major things:-

1) I do not expect that a Shimano Rod, I believe its a highly quality brand, broke when a normal size of fish is caught

2) I complained on an international Shimano Website and the replier said, please contact the shop you bought the rod from! Unbelievable.... I hope he doesn't expect that I catch a plane to South Africa again to change my rod!!!

This is the least I expect from Shimano. It was my best brand I ever bought for my sport and I've spent thousands on Shimano items as I am a real fan of the quality Shimano does.... I really hope that this be handled....

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I liked: I used to like their quality, Shape and performance of product.

I didn't like: Still in question of their quality, Customer service and warranty.

Comments