Marsaxlokk, Marsaxlokk
1.3

I bought a brand new Shimano Trolling rod from South Africa, a holiday which I chose to be at. When I arrived back home in Malta (EU) I started to use it and last week, when I was trolling with my boat using the Shimano Rod together with a Shimano Reel, the rod broke from the handle!!! I couldn't even believe it! Lucky enough the rod was roped with the boat from the reel and (at least) I managed to get the $174.00 reel and the rest of my trolling rod!

What I am frustrated mostly are two major things:-

1) I do not expect that a Shimano Rod, I believe its a highly quality brand, broke when a normal size of fish is caught

2) I complained on an international Shimano Website and the replier said, please contact the shop you bought the rod from! Unbelievable.... I hope he doesn't expect that I catch a plane to South Africa again to change my rod!!!

This is the least I expect from Shimano. It was my best brand I ever bought for my sport and I've spent thousands on Shimano items as I am a real fan of the quality Shimano does.... I really hope that this be handled....

This reviewer shared experience about damaged or defective and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any) as the author lost $195. The author is overall dissatisfied with Shimano. The most disappointing about shimano trolling rod from Shimano was still in question of their quality and customer service and warranty , but reviewer liked i used to like their quality. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Shimano.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Sport category for more informed decision or compare Shimano to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Shimano?

Comments